Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged. Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to, planning work, determining techniques to be used, and training of personnel. “The General Foreman position will manage assigned projects, including overseeing field operations, general safety, productivity, schedule, quality work, coordination with other superintendent and project leaders on the jobsite. (Other duties may be assigned). Plan and direct the work activities of personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to project plans and specifications
Coordination of personnel, material, and equipment needed to meet schedules. Support project and customer management with planning and utilization of proper means and methods for project activities. Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action. Adhere to and support the company and customer’s Health, Safety & Environmental Policies. Identify personnel certification, training and experience are appropriate for assignment scope. Ability to communicate effectively. Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the project. Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner. Typically serve as lead person to coordinate process activities within their assigned scope in an active work site.
- Coordinate and implement activities and any other resource necessary to assure a safe and quality execution.
- Generally responsible to assure all work undertaken is within approved scope boundaries and is in full compliance with project objectives.
- Proven ability promoting outstanding customer service and client relations.
- Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets and electronic presentation programs
- Ability to interact with Client’s Representative and outside agencies.
- Positive “can do” attitude & strong work ethic.
- Ability to take detailed instruction.
- Willing to be challenged to meet high quality standards.
- Must be able to read & understand procedures, mechanical and structural drawings.
- Knowledge of OSHA guidelines and safe work practices.
- Flexible working schedule to support project needs. “ “Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Communication skills; listens and gets clarification.
- Leads by example; takes responsibility for own actions; exhibits confidence in self and others.
- Delegates work assignments by matching the responsibilities and capabilities to the personnel; effectively follows-up and provides support.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethics.
- Follows through on commitments; willing to do what it takes to meet company objectives.
- Field construction of supervisory experience within the crafts assigned responsibility is essential.
Overall, 10+ years experience in the process and/or utility/power construction industry. Significant experience (10-15 years) in technical supervision can substitute for the educational requirement. Knowledge and familiarity with the methods, practices, crafts, tools, equipment, codes, documents, drawings, specifications, requirements, functions and control systems of the construction business. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand in the office and move about the work area. In addition, it may require close vision work and travel away from home, sometimes for extended periods. The position requires the ability to walk about a construction site or operating plant or power station and the ability to climb stairs or ladders and walk on elevated plant platforms. The position requires the ability to wear and use personal protective equipment while in the work area of the jobsite including helmet, fall protection harness, respirator, safety glasses/goggles, escape breathing device, noise protection, fire-retardant coveralls and protective work boots and gloves.