Prepare parts, tools and staging area for projects. Assists, clean, maintain, lubricate, and transfer parts, equipment, and tools. “Maintenance Mechanic Helper will perform progressively more difficult developmental tasks, shop maintenance and assist Industrial and Maintenance Mechanics with more complex tasks. Assists in gathering and laying out tools and materials for major preventive maintenance jobs.
Selects the appropriate tools and equipment for minor jobs. Carries and handles tools, fittings and equipment for Maintenance Mechanics. Assists Mechanics in sorting tools, cleaning the shop, carrying materials, and maintaining a safe work site environment.
- Assists in assembling and installing parts and units by getting tools and supplies, carrying materials, and lifting and holding materials in place during operations.
- Cleans work areas and keeps work benches clean and orderly and tools and machines lubricated.
- Complies with all safety requirements including wearing protective equipment.
- Follows instructions of journey level workers on all safety matters.
- Assists with routine tasks, such as accepting deliveries, counting stock, and loading and unloading trucks.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and move about the work area. In addition, it may require close vision work and travel away from home, sometimes for extended periods. The position requires the ability to walk about a construction site or operating plant or power station and the ability to climb stairs or ladders and walk on elevated plant platforms. The position requires the ability to wear and use personal protective equipment while in the work area of the job site including helmet, fall protection harness, respirator, safety glasses/goggles, escape breathing device, noise protection, fire-retardant coveralls and protective work boots and gloves.