Manipulates weights, following safety standards, collaborating with the rest of the staff, and helping with equipment maintenance. Following set procedures and standards; applying basic mathematical skills; planning work and selecting proper tools; reading and interpreting load charts; judging distances and slopes accurately; following oral and/or written directions; reading; writing; ability to recognize and report safety hazards Assemble or disassemble equipment or material on construction projects; may be required to manipulate equipment on unlevel working surfaces; may perform maintenance duties such as cleaning, greasing and oiling machines/equipment “Performs daily routine inspections/PM’s of overhead crane(s) and fills out necessary log sheets according to procedures.
“ Climbing into and out of equipment; reaching in all directions, handling and manipulating objects and materials; coordinating the movements of eyes, hands, fingers and feet to operate tools and equipment; lifting 30 to 50 pounds from ground level, waist level, and/or overhead; carrying objects, tools, equipment, etc.; standing; sitting; walking; pushing; pulling; bending; kneeling; crouching/squatting; crawling; seeing with or without correction; hearing with or without correction.
- Performs troubleshooting on overhead cranes and reports all malfunctioning equipment/components.
- Performs as required critical items check list, etc.
- Manipulates or depresses crane controls such as pedals, levers or buttons to regulate speed and direction of the crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal or signal instructions.
- Performs lockout and tagout of equipment in support of maintenance activities.
- Maintains cleanliness of equipment and an orderly work area around crane and hoist.