The Sales-Business Development Manager ensures that sales for assigned lines of business are developed and closed in accordance with Company goals, policies and procedures. The Sales Business Development Manager is responsible for ensuring that sales goals are implemented, delivered and managed in accordance with the contract/agreement. This will ensure Company, customer and financial performance requirements are met. All aspects of the sales effort(s) must be carried out as efficiently as possible with respect to human resources, financial management, profitability and company goals.
Ensure development and closure of sales. Manage and monitor the prospecting, qualification, proposal writing, bid preparation, proposal submittal, contracting and closed sales turnover processes of the branch. Provide periodic reporting on status to other members of management and the customer. Review and monitor, project, client and line(s) of business goals and related issues. Provide management of such issues and reporting to senior management of any inconsistencies and or corrections required. Act as the senior Company liaison for sales interface with customer representative(s).Lead Sales meetings and training sessions. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and lead others to create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
Promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
Proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
Proven high skill level to interpret typical sales documents, including but not limited to, prospect lists, qualifications documents, industry research and reports, project specifications, reporting, contracting and performance requirements.
- Must able to travel within assigned region as needed.
- Must be able to secure and maintain a Company sponsored American Express Card.
Education, Certification, License, And Skill Requirements.
- Must have experience at least seven years’ in customer interface, such as liaison between the customer and the Company.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in power generation industry or a related technical or construction field.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project).
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to define a prospective customer, create a scope of work, qualify a customer, develop a sales plan and manage proposal submission and review through to customer presentation, closing and operations turnover.