Issue, receive, and store hand tools, and other equipment. Keep an inventory of tools, inspect tools and
equipment for wear and defects, and order new equipment when needed. Must be familiar with
tools and consumables. Have the ability to hand out and receive both tools and welding wire.
- Knowledgeable in repairing tools. Ability to order consumables and tools and to maintain a log of
distribution "Stores, removes, loads and unloads all types of materials from storage bins, pallets and vehicles that can’t be handled by material handling devices
- Operates manual or mechanical devices and stocks inventory shelves
- Reads production schedule, customer’s orders, work orders, shipping order or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed
- Assorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or bins according to predetermined sequences
such as size type, style, or color
- Moves materials and supplies from warehouse and prepares for delivery
- Fills requisition, work orders or request for materials, tools or stock items
- Records material items received or distributed
- May maintain inventory records
- Perform routine housekeeping task to maintain work area.
- Follows all hazardous waste handling guidelines
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required
personal safety equipment
- Performs other duties as required " "May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on instructions and pre- established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under supervision.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects. Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings. Make decisions based on measurable criteria"
- Will be required to lift up to 50 lbs, requires frequent pushing, pulling, kneeling and bending, working for
prolonged periods in a standing position and able to distinguish colors.