- Schedule work for the crew. Assist the crew wherever help is needed, including carrying out physical labor.
- “Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Communication skills; listens and gets clarification.
- Leads by example; takes responsibility for own actions; exhibits confidence in self and others.
- Delegates work assignments by matching the responsibilities and capabilities to the personnel; effectively follows-up and provides support.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethics.
- Follows through on commitments; willing to do what it takes to meet company objectives.
Field construction of supervisory experience within the crafts assigned responsibility is essential. Overall, 10+ years experience in the process and/or utility/power construction industry. Significant experience (10-15 years) in technical supervision can substitute for the educational requirement. Knowledge and familiarity with the methods, practices, crafts, tools, equipment, codes, documents, drawings, specifications, requirements, functions and control systems of the construction business.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand in the office and move about the work area. In addition, it may require close vision work and travel away from home, sometimes for extended periods. The position requires the ability to walk about a construction site or operating plant or power station and the ability to climb stairs or ladders and walk on elevated plant platforms. The position requires the ability to wear and use personal protective equipment while in the work area of the jobsite including helmet, fall protection harness, respirator, safety glasses/goggles, escape breathing device, noise protection, fire-retardant coveralls and protective work boots and gloves.